Today’s Insurance News
Source: Insurance Journal
Source: Insurance Journal
- Washington Commissioner Asks Insurers to Extend Coverage to Delivery Drivers’ Personal VehiclesWashington Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler is asking insurers doing business in the state to immediately extend automobile insurance coverage for personal delivery drivers to aid people temporarily assigned this duty during the COVID-19 pandemic. Kreidler said his office would expedite … Read more »
- Demotech Affirms Ratings of 37 Florida Insurers; Still Reviewing OthersDemotech has affirmed 37 of the 46 Florida-based companies rated by the actuarial firm, as of March 26, according to information gathered from Demotech’s website. That leaves fewer than 10 Florida insurers that are still awaiting a decision on their … Read more »
- Restaurateur Sues The Hartford, Seeking Coverage for Coronavirus Business InterruptionA well-known California restaurateur has filed a lawsuit against a unit of The Hartford, seeking a declaration that the owner’s commercial insurance policy covers losses caused by a statewide business shutdown ordered to prevent the spread of coronavirus. The lawsuit, … Read more »
- North Carolina, Georgia Regulators: Insurance is Essential BusinessRegulators in North Carolina and Georgia are clarifying that insurance is considered an essential business as states move to limit what industries remain open during the current coronavirus outbreak. On March 24, North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Mike Causey requested that … Read more »
- Oklahoma to Issue Temporary New Licenses for Insurance Producers, AdjustersOklahoma Insurance Commissioner Glen Mulready has approved waiving certain requirements for new licenses issued to producers and adjusters. These measures will ensure services remain available during the state’s response to COVID-19. The Oklahoma Insurance Department (OID) contracts with a national … Read more »
- Federal Disaster Declaration Approved for Louisiana Due to COVID-19President Donald Trump has granted a federal disaster declaration in Louisiana and ordered assistance to supplement recovery efforts in the areas affected by COVID-19. Louisiana’s governor asked the White House to declare a major disaster in his state to free … Read more »
- World Insurance Associates Acquires Texas’ TAB Insurance AgencyWorld Insurance Associates LLC (WIA), based in Tinton Falls, New Jersey, has acquired TAB Insurance Agency LLC of Frisco, Texas. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. TAB Insurance Agency a full service, independent insurance agency that offers both personal … Read more »
- Florida Declared Federal Disaster Due to VirusPresident Donald Trump declared Florida a disaster area Wednesday because of the new coronavirus outbreak, while another of the state’s largest metropolitan areas moved toward a near-shutdown. The president acted a day after Gov. Ron DeSantis requested the declaration, becoming … Read more »
- Ferguson Settles Lawsuit Over Court Fees Deemed Discriminatory for $1.7MThe city of Ferguson, Missouri, has agreed to a $1.7 million settlement of a class-action lawsuit that accused its municipal court of charging illegal court fees, attorneys involved in the case said. A judge on March 24 approved a preliminary … Read more »
- Ohio Workers’ Comp Insurance Provider OKs Deferred Premium PaymentsThe Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC), the exclusive provider of workers’ compensation insurance in the state, is allowing insurance premium installment payments due for March, April, and May to be deferred until June 1. The BWC serves 249,000 public … Read more »
WordPress RSS Feed Retriever by Theme Mason
Southwest Risk continues to actively recruit seasoned insurance professionals to join our winning team!
Meet Steven Ateek – Vice President at Southwest Risk specializing in Construction, Energy, Products and Habitational.